02 03 LifeSIGNs - moved to http://blog.lifesigns.org.uk 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

34
Local Newspaper Letter:

I wrote to the local newspaper in response to an article about self-injury - it wasn't actually about SIAD, although for some unknown reason they altered my letter to say that it was! The letter can be viewed following this link - there is a picture which might be TRIGGERING to some people. Personally I feel that it is a bit distasteful to show a picture, but it is good awareness nonetheless. I have noticed several wristband orders from Cumbrian addresses this week!

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/opinion/viewarticle.aspx?id=338584

The original article was looking at a local support group for self-injury in Carlisle - Cumbria SIS (Self-Injury Support). I have met the lady Jill Eastham who runs the group, and think that the work that she carries out is fantastic.

In time we will be producing a directory of local support organisations. So, if you ever come across information in your local newspapers, then let us know!
35 36 37 38